The Web Content Management System (Web CMS) is content management system software, implemented as a Web application, for creating and managing HTML content. It is used to manage and control a large, dynamic collection of Web material (HTML documents and their associated images). The Web CMS facilitates content creation, content control, editing, and many essential Web maintenance functions.
- The software provides authoring tools designed to allow users with little or no knowledge of programming languages or markup languages to create and manage content with relative ease of use.
- The systems use a database (MS Sqlserver) to store content, metadata, and/or artifacts that might be needed by the system.
- The presentation layer displays the content to regular Web-site visitors based on a set of templates.
- Administration is done through browser-based interfaces.
- Unlike Web-site builders like Microsoft FrontPage or Adobe Dreamweaver, the Web CMS allows non-technical users to make changes to an existing website with little or no training.
- The Web CMS can be developed using ASP.Net, c#.net and MS Sqlserver.
This project is developed for academic purpose, so it has some limitations. Though it gives a complete picture about a web content management system. The zip file consists all required documents, database and full project source code.
Comments/Suggestions are invited. Happy coding......!