Shopping cart is a very important feature used in e-commerce to assist people making purchases online, similar to the US English term ‘shopping cart’.
The Business-to-Customer aspect of electronic commerce (e-commerce) is the most visible business use of the World Wide Web. The primary goal of an e-commerce site is to sell goods and services online.
E-commerce is fast gaining ground as an accepted and used business paradigm. More and more business houses are implementing web site providing functionality for performing commercial transactions over the web. It is reasonable to say that the process of shopping on the web is becoming commonplace.
Shopping Cart feature allows online shopping customers to “place” items in the cart. Upon “checkout” the software calculates as total for the order including shipping and handling postage, packing and taxes, if applicable. The Shopping Cart is very important feature used in e-commerce to assist people making purchases products online. It provides the user a catalog of different products available in the system. In order to purchase a shopping cart is provided to the user. The shopping cart application has been developed to allow business grows larger and faster. This site will let customers to view and order products online from any part of the world. Under this website many products and services can be ordered. The shopping cart is expanded permanently through new products and services in order to offer a product portfolio corresponding to the market.
PROBLEMS IN THE EXISTING SYSTEM:
- • It is limited to a single system.
- • It is less user-friendly.
- • It is having lots of manual work (Manual system does not mean that you are working with pen and paper, it also include working on spread sheets and other simple software's).
- • The present system is very less secure.
- • It is unable to generate different kinds of report.
- • User must go to shop and order products.
- • It is difficult to identify the required product.
- • Description of the product obtained only on manually.
- • Accuracy not guaranteed.
- • Not in reach of distant users.
SOLUTION OF THESE PROBLEMS
The development of the new system contains the following activities, which try to automate the entire process keeping in view of the database integration approach.
- • User friendliness is provided in the application with various controls.
- • The system makes the overall project management much easier and flexible.
- • It can be accessed over the Internet.
- • Various classes have been used to provide file upload and mail features.
- • There is no risk of data mismanagement at any level while the project development is under process.
- • Report generation feature is provided using Crystal Reports to generate different kinds of reports like bar graphs, pie charts and table type charts etc.
It provides high level of security using different protocols like https etc.
STUDY OF THE SYSTEM
In the flexibility of the uses the interface has been developed a graphics concept in mind, associated through a browses interface. The GUI’S at the top level have been categorized as
- 1. Administrative user interface
- 2. The operational or generic user interface
The administrative user interface concentrates on the consistent information that is practically, part of the organizational activities and which needs proper authentication for the data collection. The interfaces help the administrations with all the transactional states like Data insertion, Data deletion and Data updating along with the extensive data search capabilities.
The operational or generic user interface helps the users upon the system in transactions through the existing data and required services. The operational user interface also helps the ordinary users in managing their own information helps the ordinary users in managing their own information in a customized manner as per the assisted flexibilities.
Number of Modules
The system after careful analysis has been identified to be presented with the following modules and roles.
The modules involved are:
- 1. Administrator
- 2. Users
- 3. Search
- 4. Reports
Web Technologies : ASP.NET 2.0 or above
Language : ASP.NET 2.0 or above
Database : SQL SERVER 2005 or above
Web Server : IIS
Operating System : WINDOWS XP or above
This project is developed for academic purpose, so it has some limitations. Though it gives a complete picture about shopping cart. The zip file consists all required documents, database and full project source code.
Comments/Suggestions are invited. Happy coding......!
Comments Post a Comment